Courage offers a wide range of workshops and training in a number of areas for a variety of groups. Workshops and training seminars can range from 1 – 2 days to 2 hours. All workshops can be tailored to fit your staff’s needs.
1 – 2 Day Workshops on Trauma, Domestic Violence, Attachment and Adolescent – to – Mother Violence:
- Content for the workshops include:
- A general overview of domestic violence, trauma, attachment and adolescent – to – mother violence
- Dynamics present in domestic violence and adolescent – to – mother violence
- How attachments are formed and different attachment styles
- Types of trauma and trauma’s impact on the brain and development
- How to work from a trauma informed perspective
- Current research on trauma and adolescent – to – mother violence
- Impacts of domestic violence on parenting and attachment
- Energiser and grounding activities to run with clients
- How to structure counselling / interventions in a trauma informed manner
- Stress responses associated with trauma and how this impacts your work
- Practical activities to help:
- Work with domestic violence and ensure safety
- Work with trauma
- Increase emotional regulation within clients
- Increase attachment strength between mothers and children / adolescents
School / Business Workshops and Training:
- These workshops can range from 2 hours to a 1 day workshop
- Content for these workshops include:
- How to develop domestic violence policies for your staff
- How to work with traumatised children / young people in your school
- How to respond to disclosures of domestic violence at your business or school
- How to teach students about respectful relationships, the impact of violence on others and respect towards women (respectful beliefs)
- Self Care
- Workshops and training can also focus on a specific area. These workshops can range from a few hours to 1 – 2 days depending on your needs.
- These workshops can focus on one specific area, such as: domestic violence, trauma, attachment and adolescent – to – mother violence.
- These are far more in depth than the general workshops and can focus on one area of interest.
Group Facilitation 1 – 2 day Workshop:
- Once your staff completes a 1 – 2 day general workshop, they are eligible for a 1 – 2 day workshop on group facilitation.
- This workshop is ideal for those who have completed the general workshop and want to facilitate a group program on domestic violence, adolescent – to – parent violence, trauma and / or attachment.
- This workshops will include a packet of facilitator information and activities facilitators can use in group.
Adolescent – to – Mother Violence and Domestic Violence Program Training:
- Training workshops for group programs in adolescent – to – mother violence and domestic violence are currently being developed.
- After completing the general workshop, staff can attend a 4 – 5 day training on a specific Courage program to facilitate at your organisation.
- This training will include a facilitator manual and session plans / handouts for participants.
- This training will become live in 2019
All Workshops Include:
- Handouts for staff
- Activities to run with clients
- The Powerpoint presentation
- A list of resources / references
- Some more in depth workshops include a workbook of activities, information and illustrations
- Fees can be negotiated with the agency / organisation based on need.
- Hourly workshops are $150 – $200 per hour. The fee includes preparation time, travel and materials.
- One day and multi-day workshops are $1,500 – $2,000 per day depending on the workshop.
- Out of state / international workshops will require charges for accomodation and travel.
- All fees may be negotiated depending on need.
- You will receive a quote for the workshop and an invoice before the workshop is conducted.
- Workshop venues will be provided by the organisation / business unless negotiated otherwise.
- Multiple workshops for the same agency, organisation and / or business will be provided at a reduced rate, which will be negotiated prior to the workshop.
Please use the contact form on this website for more information.